Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4946 Discussions

newly installed x550-t2 adapter now slower uploads on 1000/1000 fiber

Mit4
Novice

I just got a Intel X550-T2 adapter for my server which is running server standard 2019.  I got this adapter to be ready for multigig internet in the future and to see if i can pull just a bit more than the 940/940 I've been getting from my fiber provider.  I installed this and my download speeds are indeed faster at up to 980-1000 now, but my upload speeds have gotten worse now at an average of 700 where before it was 930-940.  I downloaded the current driver version 29 from intels website and installed the proset utility. Even though i installed the latest driver, in device manger it is showing as driver date 3/13/2021 with a version of 4.1.239.0

I wasn't sure what speed the nic is in my fiber ONT but upon connecting it to this x550 adapter which should support 1000/2500/5000/10000 it appears the nic is linked at 10 gbe in windows. 

What settings can we look at and tweak in the intel driver to maximize performance and get my upload speeds back to where they were when plugged into the 1gbe intel nic. It almost seems like internal buffer bloat but i am not sure.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Mit4,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for your response. We truly appreciate your understanding. If you require any further assistance please don't hesitate to reach out to us. As for closing the case, yes, we can proceed with that now.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos