Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5100 Discussions

uni-directional ethernet link with intel 82599 10 GbE Controller, help.

alireza11048
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to establish a uni-directional Ethernet link where a singular fiber is used to transmit data to the receiver where both sides use ixgbe as driver. The Rx of the transmit side and the Tx of the receive side are not physically connected, like in a Data diode scenario.

To force links state to UP(as soon as I detach the TX line from one side, both side link status goes DOWN), i set FLU bit in AUTOC register and also i set the speed with LMS bits in the AUTOC register.

Links successfully become in up state, but I can not receive UDP packets that are sent from the TX side on the RX side.

Any advice to solve the problem in this mode is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
B_Y
Employee

Hello @alireza11048,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

It appears this thread is similar with the earlier thread of yours : https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Stablish-uni-directional-ethernet-link/m-p/1528087

We are currently investigating on the SSU file and researching on this matter through the thread mentioned above.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since it is a duplicate with same description but a bit difference on the subject title.

Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos