On my servers on Windows 2012 R2, I have a x710 with random disconnection with two scenarios.
1- During the windows startup, I see many error in the event viewer related to disconnections .
2- Going to the properties of the drivers, cause the nic to disconnect.
I have all lastest drivers and firmware. On the same server we have Mellanox Connectx 4 without any of these issues.
Thank you for the post. Please provide more information:
1) What is the exact X710 server adapter model used?
2) What is the driver and firmwware version?
3) Can you provide the event viewer log?
4) What is the server model ?
The firmware appeared different, please try loading the tool and firmware from our website
can you provide the serial number? It can be found on the white sticker with the format of
15 alphanumerics + 6 alphanumerics + 6-3 alphanumerics
You may also refer to this website to check for the version in Windows
It is a daughter card from Dell. Since I tried to run nvm update, I am having a reccuring process nvmupdatew64e.exe taht is running. It is keeping running after a reboot. There is a way to remove this?
Please try run msconfig, then under the startup tab, please look for services that relates to NVMeUpdate , please disable it if there is.
I am having a case with Dell about the disconnections issue. But for now, I just want to not have NVMeUpdate running at reboot. I am having this since I try to running NVMeUpdate downloaded from Intel web site.
Hi chrdionne, regarding the NVMeUpdate running at reboot issue, please share more information (steps you took to run the update tool, screenshot of NVMeUpdate running at reboot).
Based on the quick usage guide of NVM Update tool posted in
the nvmupdatew64e.exe is manually triggered by user since in your case it's running automatically after reboot. we need additional information to further investigate.
thanks for sharing the images, I've noticed your nvmupdatew64e.exe was dated 2/14/16, you may want try out the latest one found in the link below:
the version of the update tool should appear as 1.24.33.08.