FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5918 Discussions

ALT2GXB: Disableing 8b10b in basic mode

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If I have my own customized scrambling algorithm and am able to keep track of it somehow, is there a way to disable the 8b10b in basic mode? I know I can probably heck the HDL file by modifying the parameters (I understand it's probably not recommended by Altera). However, I don't understand these parameters and I was wondering whether someone can explain them to me? Thx!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The GX II doesn't support a toggle of each and every setting possible in the ALT2GXB. It depends on frequency, bit widths, etc... You need a decoder ring. I'd post it, but it's confidential. Check with you local Altera support guy. He should be able to give you one.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you select a 10 bit, 20 bit or 40 bit PLD interface width in basic mode you don't have to use the 8b10b in fact.