FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5887 Discussions

DO-254 DAL-B Certification of Cyclone III FPGA

StelzlBenedikt
Beginner

For certification of a Cyclone III FPGA in a safety critical application in an airborne system under DO-254 i need to know the following data: Does the Cyclone III fulfill one of the following 2 criterias?

• at least 2 years of use with more than 10^5 hours in airbourne or safety critical applications

OR

• at least 2 years of use with more than 10^4 hours in airbourne or safety critical applications AND more than 10^7 hours in other applications

The link below states that INTEL provides support for DO-254 certification

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/government/products/programmable/applications.html

Thanks in advance

Benedikt

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Benedikt,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

I am checking your request with internal team. Will get back to you once i got the findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Aiman

NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Benedikt,

Below is the answer from our internal team:

We believe that if we estimated the hours of use in these applications, we would reach the 10^5 hours.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aiman

StelzlBenedikt
Beginner
Hi Aiman, Thank you for your answer. I´d hoped for a little more “fixed” answer, as the word “believe” is basically not allowed in my working environment. Stay safe! Regards, Benedikt