FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Error using FIR Compiler v9.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using FIR Compiler v9.1 to generate a FIR filter. It doesn't seem to be generating the file filtername_st.v that is needed for synthesis and creating the .vho simulation model. The error I get is as follows: 

"Error: Node instance "fircore" instantiates undefined entity "filtername_st" File". 

If I select the option to generate the simulation model, this error appears while the megawizard is creating the filter and does not finish. If I don't select the option, it creates the filter, but when I try to synthesize the error appears. It looks like entity filtername_st is instantiated in filtername_ast. 

Thanks for anyone's help.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Found the solution: download and install/repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. Also, make sure the latest version of Java is installed. 

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&displaylang=en
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

With the FIR Compiler v10.1 it is the same problem again, but install/repair the Microsoft C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package doesn't help. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks
0 Kudos