FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

FPGA example to use SPI to operate remote device

JET60200
New Contributor I

hello,

I'm newbie to intel FPGA world. We have an A10 GX board, and we need use SPI IO to read/write a remote spi slave device.  I guess we need write some spi protocol logic in A10 verilog to operate spi slave, but has no idea where to start .

Does anyone has such like SPI reference example using Intel FPGA chip, so we can take a reference to start try on our A10 GX board ?  

BTW,  since the limited resource concern in our FPGA,  better to NOT use NIOS II software core.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JET60200,

You may refer to the following design references which uses the Avalon interface to do so.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/design-examples/intellectual-property/embedded/nios-ii/exm-spi-bridge.html

Warm regards.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JET60200,

Hope this message find you well and good day, as we do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

Warm Regards

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

Thanks @BoonBengT_Intel ,

we had implemented a SPI master iin NIOS core ,and it works fine.  thanks for support. 

you can close it

0 Kudos