FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6354 Discussions

Fitter error when using Cyclone V GX Hard IP for PCI Express with setting rx/tx pins

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Using Cyclone V GX(5CGXFC5C6F23 and Prime Version 15.1.2 ) Hard IP for PCI Express, when setting the rx or tx pins to the GXB bank, the fitter notes the following error. 

Error (14566): The Fitter cannot place 1 periphery component(s) due to conflicts with existing constraints (1 Receiver channel(s)). Fix the errors described in the submessages, and then rerun the Fitter. The Altera Knowledge Database may also contain articles with information on how to resolve this periphery placement failure. Review the errors and then visit the Knowledge Database at https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/search.html and search for this specific error message number. 

Error (175020): The Fitter cannot place logic Receiver channel that is part of Cyclone V Hard IP for PCI Express altpcie_cv_hip_ast_hwtcl in region (0, 24) to (0, 26), to which it is constrained, because there are no valid locations in the region for logic of this type. 

Info (14596): Information about the failing component(s): 

Info (175028): The Receiver channel name(s): PCIEX1RXIN 

Info (175015): The I/O pad PCIEX1RXIN is constrained to the location PIN_L2 due to: User Location Constraints (PIN_L2) 

Info (14709): The constrained I/O pad is contained within a pin, which is contained within this Receiver channel 

Error (12289): An error occurred while applying the periphery constraints. Review the offending constraints and rerun the Fitter. 

Error (11802): Can't fit design in device. Modify your design to reduce resources, or choose a larger device. The Altera Knowledge Database contains many articles with specific details on how to resolve this error. Visit the Knowledge Database at https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/search.html and search for this specific error message number. 

Error: Quartus Prime Fitter was unsuccessful. 4 errors, 11 warnings 

I have try the others rx pins and tx pins of the GXB, but still have the problems.
1 Reply
FHint
New Contributor II

Hello, I have a very similar problem with the 5CGXFC9C7F23C8N and Quartus 17.1.

The Error messages are identical, except for the pin location (PIN_R2) and region ( (0,20) to 0,22) ).

Does anybody have a clue what the cause of this error message is? I have also tried different PINs of the transceiver bank.

(Sorry for waking up this 2 year old thread btw)

0 Kudos