FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Freeze frame with frame buffer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I'm using frame buffer to freeze, that is clearing the GO bit of the writer of frame buffer, and it turned out clean, and I released the freeze(setting the GO bit), the screen returned to normal without flickering. The dataflow is like this, CVI->FB->CVO. 

But when I used the dataflow which I have uploaded as the attachment, the freeze turned out to be fine, but when I released the frame buffer(setting GO bit), I noticed the screen just flickered a little and returned to normal. 

So can someone give me a hint on this ? Is it not appropriate to freeze frame with frame buffer? Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

sorry, because of some network problem, I will upload the dataflow soon later

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Make sure you tick the check box "discard invalid frames/fields" in the vfb. 

Otherwise, the incomplete frame stuck between the CVI and the VFB during the freeze will be propagated when you restart the frame buffer and the output will glitch.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

Make sure you tick the check box "discard invalid frames/fields" in the vfb. 

Otherwise, the incomplete frame stuck between the CVI and the VFB during the freeze will be propagated when you restart the frame buffer and the output will glitch. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, vgs 

Thx for your reply. Yes, I have ticked the check box "discard invalid frames/fileds" in the vfb. But it still flickered. I am out right now, I will upload some snaps of my configuration later. Thx again for help.
0 Kudos