FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Getting started with DSP Builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am just getting started with studying DSP builder and have a few basic queries: 

I have a valid license for quartus but is it nessesery to have a seperate license for DSP builder? I ask because I see it is available for download on the Altera website and I thought it would be bundled in the same installation package if it can be used under the same license.  

Also, I have very little experience using matlab, but will be starting soon with the aim of implementing some DSP blocks on an FPGA. Can anyone give me an idea of how much the license roughly costs for a standard commercial licence? I will be using matlab/simulink and from what I understand, matlab is quite extensive and therefore I probably won´t require most of what is on offer. I would be grateful if someone could give me the breakdown of what would actually be nessesery and if the license cost varies based of what 'modules' you use. (I hope my question is not too vauge, as I am knew to this aspect) 

Many thanks for any suggestions
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

DSP Builder has a separate license. 

not sure about costs of any of the DSP Builder or MATLAB/Simulink licenses. contact the respective distributors.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

For pricing you can visit the Mathworks website and click on "Store". From there you can get student and commercial prices for an individual license and request a quote, if necessary.  

--Eric Cigan
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, many thanks for the replies, I´ll get in touch with the distributor.

0 Kudos