FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

HDMI HDCP

mke
Beginner

Hi,

I have a question about HDMI IP and HDCP support.

I have purchased the Cyclone 10 dev board and the Bitec HDMI daughter card. Tried the demo, and it looks fine.

I was aware that the HDCP IP is under a separate license, and we have to purchase this. But then I noticed in the signal description table in HDMI IP documentation that HDCP IP is only supported on Arria, Agilex, and Stratus families, not Cyclone 10.

Is it true that HDCP can not be used on Cyclone 10 devices? Even though the HDMI IP is otherwise running fine?

BR, Madis

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Madis,

The list of cyclone devices information is inside the HDCP patch readme.txt file.

Once you purchase the HDCP patch, there will be a readme.txt file that is shipped together with the patch.

Based on Quartus Prime Pro 21.1 release, patch v1.0a of the HDCP IP (is to enable the HDCP over HDMI 2.1/HDMI 2.0/DisplayPort 1.4.)

It contain the following new change compared to HDCP Quartus version 20.4:

1. Enable HDCP Key Management feature support. Please refer to the HDCP Key Management User Guide for more details.

2. Enable HDCP over HDMI 2.1 support on Arria 10 Family.

3. Enable HDCP over HDMI 2.0 support on Cyclone 10 Family.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Madis,

Thank you for reaching out.

Yes you are right, HDCP is under a separate licensing.

Regarding your question, the HDCP is supported as an external patch and only enable on certain release of Cyclone 10.

You can check this in the readme.txt file that comes with the HDCP patch included in the zip file.

May I clarify which Quartus release that you are using?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
mke
Beginner

Hello,

We are using quartus pro 21.1.0

Could you please let me know the list of cyclone devices that have possible support for the HDCP patch?

BR, Madis

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Madis,

The list of cyclone devices information is inside the HDCP patch readme.txt file.

Once you purchase the HDCP patch, there will be a readme.txt file that is shipped together with the patch.

Based on Quartus Prime Pro 21.1 release, patch v1.0a of the HDCP IP (is to enable the HDCP over HDMI 2.1/HDMI 2.0/DisplayPort 1.4.)

It contain the following new change compared to HDCP Quartus version 20.4:

1. Enable HDCP Key Management feature support. Please refer to the HDCP Key Management User Guide for more details.

2. Enable HDCP over HDMI 2.1 support on Arria 10 Family.

3. Enable HDCP over HDMI 2.0 support on Cyclone 10 Family.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Madis,

Good day.

I wish to follow up with you about this case.

Do you still have further inquiries on this subject?

Hope my previous reply answers your question.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
mke
Beginner

Hello,

yes, the information you provided is sufficient, thank you.

BR, Madis

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Madis,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

If you feel your support experience was less than a 9 or 10,

please allow me to correct it before closing or please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future support experience.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos