FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

How to use PLL Locked output

matif
Novice

​Hi,

I am just confused on how can I use locked output of a PLL? Can any one give me an example on what is the use of this pin and how can I use it in my design? In most of the examples over the internet, this output is being used as a reset, I didn't get it how do they use it as a reset? Any help please.....!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Check difference between synchronous and asynchronous circuits?

For PLL we have input clock called reference clock and output clock, Which is synchronous to input clock given PLL is locked (meaning synchronous).

when PLL is not locked the output of any given synchronous circuits will not be as expected. So we can wait till we get locked signal so that synchronous circuits behave as expected.

Regards

Anand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Check difference between synchronous and asynchronous circuits?

For PLL we have input clock called reference clock and output clock, Which is synchronous to input clock given PLL is locked (meaning synchronous).

when PLL is not locked the output of any given synchronous circuits will not be as expected. So we can wait till we get locked signal so that synchronous circuits behave as expected.

Regards

Anand