FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5984 Discussions

Implementation of Avalon ST-Video protocol

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I try to implement a Avalon ST-Video Interface in a component inside a video and image processing chain.  

The chain I use (from tPad VIP Camera example) works without my component. The present processing chain is : Clocked Video Input/Color Plane Sequencer/Frame Buffer/Clipper/Scaler/Mixer/Control Synchronizer/Frame Buffer/Color Plane Sequencer/Clocked Video Input. It uses camera's frames and displays them on a screen.  

For now, in order to learn how use this interface, my goal is just to have with my component a delay of one cycle between the Clocked Video Input and the Color Plane Sequencer.  

Here is my VHDL code : 

--- Quote Start ---  

asi_in0_ready <= aso_out0_ready; 

process(clk) 

begin 

if clk'event and clk='1' then 

if asi_in0_valid='1' and aso_out0_ready='1' then 

aso_out0_valid <= asi_in0_valid; 

aso_out0_data <= asi_in0_data; 

aso_out0_startofpacket <= asi_in0_startofpacket; 

aso_out0_endofpacket <= asi_in0_endofpacket; 

else 

aso_out0_valid <= '0'; 

end if; 

end if; 

end process; 

--- Quote End ---  

The problem is just the first frame is displayed on the screen and after it is freezed. I don't understand what is wrong. Could someone help me? 

Thank you in avance,
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

does your core propagate ready upstream? don't forget the video IP has a ready_latency=1