FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Intel FPGA on board USB Blaster example design

gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

Intel FPGA boards often have the USB Blaster logic on the development board itself. In this way a separate programmer is not required. We have this situation where more than five USB Byte Blaster II programmers became damaged during systems testing. It is thought that if we have the byte blaster logic on the prototype board itself, it will save a lot of resource on the long term by simplifying many other tasks and mitigating some of the risks that exist with the Byte Blaster IIs being used at present.

Usually a small Max series device is seen to implement the configuration logic. Does Intel/Altera provide detailed instructions on how to go about creating the on-board Byte Blaster II using a Max device as found on their development boards?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

Any update? I only want to have onboard programmer for our custom PCBs so ByteBlaster is not require anymore.

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi gyuunyuu,

On-Board Intel FPGA USB Download II IP is licensed.

Therefore, the On-Board Intel FPGA USB Download II design/project file and project instruction will be provided after you purchase the license.

If you like to purchase this On-Board Intel FPGA USB Download II, please let me know and I will contact you via private message.

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

Ok, since the onboard byte blaster has present on so many different development boards, I had expected that it should not be too difficult to get a hold of it.

How much does the license and reference design cost?

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi gyuunyuu,

Please contact me via private message.

I'll continue support you vie private message.

Thanks.

Matt

0 Kudos
gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

Please explain how this private message thing works. I don't know how it works on these new forums.

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I already sent you a private message. 

Please go to top right (refer picture below) ---> go to inbox.

Screenshot (330).png

Thanks

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
gyuunyuu
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

Any update on this? I have still not been contacted by you about this.

0 Kudos