FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5748 Discussions

Intel triple speed Ethernet ip in combination with stratix 10 native phy (H-Tile) usable?

MKlee2
New Contributor I

We have a stratix 10 pci-e expansion card (terasic de10-pro) and I planned to use 1 of its QSFP ports to connect to another dev-board. As underlying mac I wanted to use an ethernet-mac, so I wondered if it is possible to use the “triple speed ethernet ip” in small mac mode in combination with the stratix 10 native phy (H-tile device)?

Alternatively, can you recommend an alternative? My second dev board features a cyclone 5 (SX) fpga. Ideally, I would find an ip (mac), usable in both devices.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Unfortunately TSE IP doesn't support stratix 10 native phy (H-Tile).

If you want to find common Ethernet connection for 1G Ethernet between Stratix 10 and Cyclone V, then may I suggest you use TSE MAC + PHY (LVDS) ?

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Unfortunately TSE IP doesn't support stratix 10 native phy (H-Tile).

If you want to find common Ethernet connection for 1G Ethernet between Stratix 10 and Cyclone V, then may I suggest you use TSE MAC + PHY (LVDS) ?

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

View solution in original post

Deshi_Intel

HI,

I hope I have clear your doubt based on my earlier reply.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim