FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Megawizard GUI initialization problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I work in a company which has a full license of Quartus. When I try to initialize an High Performance DDR2 Controller the Megawizard GUI stops working. It happens when I navigate through Megawizard-> create a new custom megafunction variation -> Installed plug-ins -> interfaces -> memory controllers -> DDR2 SDRAM High Performance Memory Controller v7.2 . I name the function and press next and then a small window appears indicating that the megafunction is in progress. Right after that (approximately half a second later) the small window disappears and nothing comes back. I reinstaled the Quartus software but nothing changed. I think it is bug of the version because when I use Quartus 6.1 it initializes correctly. I heard that this problem is fixed in Linux but no progress in Windows yet. 

I appreciate your quick answer. 

Melih.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

One possible cause of this is that your project is located in a path with spaces. 

Try creating a new project in a directory location with no spaces in its path.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ive contacted to the altera representative and he replied that it was a common error in Quartus v7.2. They have been trying to fix this problem and a new patch is set to be released soon.

0 Kudos