FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5886 Discussions

NCO IP Core Reset_N and CLKEN functions

RDobk
Beginner

Hi,

What are the requirements for Reset_N and CLKEN timing?

1. Is there any minimal width for RESET_N in terms of clock cycles?
  2. Should assertion of CLKEN always precede the RESET_N de-assertion (reset release)? if so, by how many clock cycles?
  3. Are there any additional requirements for timing for RESET_N (e.g. should it de-assertion be synchronized to the clock of the NCO)?

Thank you!

--Reuven.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I am requesting to go through the below document, and in that if you are

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_nco.pdf

The RESET_N signals are asynchronous signal.

RDobk
Beginner
Hi, I am familiar with this document. Unfortunately, it does not answer my questions: 1. Is there any minimal width for RESET_N in terms of clock cycles? 2. Should assertion of CLKEN always precede the RESET_N de-assertion (reset release)? if so, by how many clock cycles? 3. Are there any additional requirements for timing for RESET_N (e.g. should it de-assertion be synchronized to the clock of the NCO)? In the lab, I observe that Enabling the NCO after reset de-assertion has a non-deterministic effect on the NCO output – after such reset the NCO initial delay (reset/Clken -> DV_OUT) is non deterministic. Thus the questions is, what is the correct order/way to reset and then leave the reset for the NCO. Best regards, --Reuven.