FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5988 Discussions

Native PHY IP Core - Clocking of separated rx/tx channels

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all ! First, i use Arria V GT.I try to make a simple loopback for 10G signal, and I use separated transmit and receive channels from Native PHY IP Core (simplified interface without reconfiguration).The question is how to combine the data from the receive channel with a transmission channel, even if they clocked by one reference signal (from onboard oscillator (~155,52 MHz)), its frequencies (rx_pma_clkout and tx_pma_clkout) may be different (not 0 ppm). So, as the tester can not see the frame synchronization, there is an error somewhere.Could somebody tell, do I have to use PLL IP Core (or it's not important), and how to properly connect the clock signals. Maybe I need to use some sort of compensation FIFO for valid data stream? Or I'm doing something very wrong. Please, help.This is my mapping in the attachment. Data_delay just transmit data to data_out with falling_edge(clk), it's for 0.5 cycle delay (it is written in some specification).

0 Kudos
0 Replies