FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5984 Discussions

Need example using OpenCores MAC on DE2-115

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, all,  

I am trying to use Avalon OpenCores 10/100 Ethernet MAC developed by jakobjones on a DE2-115 board but no success.  

I followed the document of jakobjones to connect the MAC in Qsys and tried to run a simple socket server in Nios II IDE with ETH_OCM_PHY_SUPPORT_MVL88E1111 symbol defined. But I met two problem getting the example running successfully.  

1. The Nios II project generated by Nios II IDE contains a tse_my_system.c file, which includes tse driver files that don't exist in the BSP. 

2. If I exclude that tse_my_system.c file from Nios II build, I could get the simple socket server to run but I keep getting DHCP timeout. I also tried static IP but still no luck.  

InterNiche Portable TCP/IP, v3.1 Copyright 1996-2008 by InterNiche Technologies. All rights reserved. Your Ethernet MAC address is 00:07:ed:ff:cd:15 prepped 1 interface, initializing... mctest init called IP address of et1 : 0.0.0.0 Created "Inet main" task (Prio: 2) Created "clock tick" task (Prio: 3) DHCP timed out, going back to default IP address(es) Simple Socket Server starting up Simple Socket Server listening on port 30 Created "simple socket server" task (Prio: 4) 

Could anyone kindly help me by showing me a working design example of OpenCores MAC on DE2-115 board? 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Best regards, 

goosechen
0 Kudos
0 Replies