FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

OpenFCN MegaCore error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just installed Quartus 8.0 and DSP Builder on a test system, and trying a simple test of generating a Reed_Solomon block I get the error: 

Error evaluating 'OpenFcn' callback of MegaCore AlteraBlockset block (mask) 'untitled/Reed_Solomon_v8_0'. Error using ==> alt_dspbuilder_megacorealtr_launch at 608 

Unable to generate a test netlist from ..... 

Ideas? Make it worse I'm not an engineer so trying to learn as much about this as possible. 

Dan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have other version of Quartus installed on your machine? Might be that it is still associating with your older version of Quartus... There are several things you can check: 

- QUARTUS_ROOTDIR environment variable... make sure that's 8.0 as well 

- Just fire up Quartus 8.0 first, before launching your DSP Builder... this changes your the internal registries associated with the Quartus... 

- Type ver in Matlab command prompt, making sure that you do have the correct 8.0 version DSP Builder running... 

- You can always try re-set up the megacores from inside DSP Builder (typing "alt_dspbuilder_setup_megacore" at Matlab command prompt). 

- If you had an older version of Quartus/DSP Builder before, might be possible that your IP cache folder is corrupted... In that case, delete .altera.quartus folder from your Document and Setting folder (should just be located in C:/Document and Setting/<your user name>... and then restart Matlab and DSP Builder...  

- Can always try uninstalling and reinstalling DSP Builder...  

Please feel free to add to this post if you know others methods that Dan should try...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I came across the same problem.My DSP Builder's version is following:  

Altera DSP Builder Advanced Blockset Flow Tools Version 8.0.306 (Release)  

Altera DSP Builder Standard Blockset Version 8.0 SP1 Build 230 

and my Quartus II'version is following: 

Service Pack Installed: 1 

Help Version: Quartus II Help Version 8.0 

do you think it is a mistake here?
0 Kudos