FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5946 Discussions

PCIe: need help with transactions and BFM

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are there any functions or wrappers that could help me to generate a TLP from my data on the application layer side? Say, I have CAFEFADE and want to send it via Avalon-ST TX. I need to send all the needed signals like sop, valid etc. and transform my CAFEFADE into a TLP. How do I do that and is there anything I'm omitting? 

Also, can I simply send some arbitrary data from the application layer (the latter being master)? I don't need to write it into the RC shared memory or anything like that, I just want the packet be received by the BFM (testbench) on the other side of the PCIe and be shown in the simulator without a need to save it (well, actually the packet is going to be parsed by the custom host driver, so I don't think I need all this stuff about shared memory). 

Any kind of help will be useful. Thank you in advance!
0 Kudos
0 Replies