FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

SDI Megacore

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi  

I want to implement the SDI megacore IP in CYCLONE IV GX devices and I have the following concerns: 

1- according to the use SDI megacore user guide (Page 3-27), it does not support MIF generation for EP4CGX30,50,75. Does this mean I need to use and old version (older than 10.1) 

2- Is the receiver able to automatically lock to 1/1.001 rates without a 1/1.001 reference clock being provided? (ie. ref clock = 148.5 but SDI rate = 148.35) 

I would appreciate it if someone could give me some info. 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Am half way thru this, hoping someone will share too. The whole IP-SDI core seems to be put together in an ad-hoc basis, with a lot of confusion and 'misleading' information in the user guide.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I actually gave it up for now. apparently there is a new SDI core coming out for the cyclone V series which as far as I know hasn't been released yet.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I wish I could give up, like you. Now, the deeper I dig, the more bugs, misrepresentations, and undocumented requirement starts to appear.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yup, it seems that I am forced to be packing up, and moving back to Xilinx camp, and throwing away a lot of fully populated board into the sea because of some useless and restrictive core.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would like to hear comments to this criticism from Altera officials.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I would like to hear comments to this criticism from Altera officials. 

--- Quote End ---  

Haha....I did got some comment from Altera 'Officials' from other channel, but I cannot disclose the discussion...:)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I wish I could give up, like you. Now, the deeper I dig, the more bugs, misrepresentations, and undocumented requirement starts to appear. 

--- Quote End ---  

Did anyone successfully used Altera SDI IP?