FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

SDRAM controller in platform designer Quartus 21.1

JStan7
Novice

How can I use SDRAM (no DDRx) with Cyclone IV or Cyclone 10LP with Quartus 21.1?

In platform designer of version 21.1 I can not find anymore the SDRAM controller.

In platform designer of version 20.1 the SDRAM controller is available. Is this a bug in V21.1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Below are the messages from previous internal record:

Why "SDRAM Controller Intel FPGA IP core" is removed from Quartus 21.1 Std?

This is a more than 10 years legacy IP. It was approved for EoL and be removed by Product Marketing to have last ship on v20.1std.

Customer may use the IP with older ACDS software.

May be you have to stick with Quartus Standard v20.1 to use that IP. Check the pic attached.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Check this.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/Where-is-the-SDRAM-controller-IP-in-Quartus-21-Lite/m-p/1371523#M84283

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos
JStan7
Novice

I have a paid standard version (no lite!) and the SDRAM controller is not available in the platform designer V21.1.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Below are the messages from previous internal record:

Why "SDRAM Controller Intel FPGA IP core" is removed from Quartus 21.1 Std?

This is a more than 10 years legacy IP. It was approved for EoL and be removed by Product Marketing to have last ship on v20.1std.

Customer may use the IP with older ACDS software.

May be you have to stick with Quartus Standard v20.1 to use that IP. Check the pic attached.

0 Kudos
JStan7
Novice

I think this was not a good idea from Intel Product Marketing, so I have no memory controller for Cyclone 10LP with the newest Quartus 21.1 version. Why I should buy Quartus updates in the future if INTEL says I have to use older versions??

0 Kudos