FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5890 Discussions

Simulation time in DSP builder for 512 by 512 image

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If i take 512 by 512 image as input in DSP builder then what simulation time i should chose? and what should be the sample time of the image?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

An image doesnt have a sample time. 

Simulation time should be enough to cover the simulation.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have block "Image from file" where i have brows an image of 512 by 512 in that case what should be the sample time of the block plz help me..

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

"Image from file" this block in Simulink blokset..........

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Post your project 

What do you have to do with image?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have to take convolution of an image with Gaussian filter...........Should i have to add a clock in my design??

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Always best to have a clock block in DSP Builder Standard.  

From what I can make out from the small image, this design would suit the Advanced Block-set well, which will automatically pipeline you design and split adders as necessary to achieve the desired Fmax.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, the DSP builder advanced blockset will assert just right amount of register to achieve the FMAX, but the design flow has a lot difference with the standard blackest.