FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5990 Discussions

Soft LVDS IP core bitslip

SMS
Beginner

I am using Max10 and included Soft LVDS IP core for data transmission and reception. For link training I sent 8'h0F. Now, the data at LVDS Rx slips every clock cycle.

LVDS_IP_core_bitslip_(ext_pll).PNGI have tried to align it using the rx_data_align but that does not resolve the issue. LVDS IP was configured as:

General:

Power Supply Mode: Single Supply (for 10M16SAE144I7G)

Functional Mode: Rx

No. of channels: 1

SERDES factor: 8

PLL Settings:

Use external PLL (checked)

Receiver Settings:

Enable bitslip mode (checked)

Bitslip rollover value: 1

I have also tried to use internal PLL in which case the the bitslip occurs at random intervals. Now how can I fix this issue?

LVDS_IP_core_bitslip_(int_pll).PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IDeyn
New Contributor III

Hi SMS,

It is a strange behaviour - in case align is stable you shouldn't get bitslip as it is on first figure.

You could attach your project in order for community to check it.

--

Best regards,

Ivan

SMS
Beginner

Attached are two projects one for Tx and one for Rx. I am programming the DE10-Lite board (10MDAF484C7G) as Tx and a custom board (10M16SAE144I7G) as Rx.

IDeyn
New Contributor III

Hi SMS,

I quickly checked your project and I can say that you should begin with a creation of constraint file (sdc).

You should start with create_clock command, FE create_clock -name {I_ADC_FCO} -period 20.000 -waveform { 0.000 10.000 } [get_ports {I_ADC_FCO}]

After that and after successful timing analysis you should test if your design works.

--

Best regards,

Ivan