FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6437 Discussions

Timing constraints of Intel IPs

anonimcs
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a design on Quartus 21.3 Pro and I noticed that the External Memory Interface IP for DDR4 memory has some timing violations within the IP core. I would expect that these kind of IP cores have their own timing constraints with their own .sdc files. But it seems that these constraints are not applied when I compiled my design. And I cannot find the generated .sdc file either. Do you know how I can generate that .sdc file and add it into the project by (not sure about this part) Assignments -> Settings -> Timing Analyzer -> ?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
27 Replies
anonimcs
New Contributor III

Hi,

Can't you just forward this forum entry to those experts internally ? I think it would make the most sense for them to see what we've discussed and tried out until this moment.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

At Intel, we prefer a new case for each unique technical problem, as it aids our case analysis and helps us assess our customer support requirements. I understand this may cause some inconvenience, and I genuinely apologize for that. However, by starting a new discussion, you'll have a better chance of receiving the assistance you need from experts in the field.

If they require the design at any point, you can share this forum link with them, and they can approach me for the design.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
anonimcs
New Contributor III

How can I request support from EMIF IP owners/experts in Intel ? What's the best way to do so ?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Here are some example titles for your question, tailored to your situation:

1. DDR4 EMIF IP Timing Failure on Arria 10
  2. DDR4 EMIF IP Configuration Setting Support on Arria 10
  3. DDR4 EMIF IP Inquiry for Arria 10

You will have a high chance of getting support from the EMIF IP owner.

Choose the one that best fits your specific issue or request.

Once you have your title, you can proceed to file a new case with the relevant details.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
anonimcs
New Contributor III

Oh, so you mean I have to post another question to the Community, right ? I thought there was another way to ask direct support of the IP owners somehow.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Yes, you need to post another new question. Then an agent will be assigned to your question based on your title first and then description.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Now, I will transitioning this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support.

The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos