Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

VIP Clocked Video Output- MODES

I'm using the Clocked Video Output (CVO) core from the VIP (Video and Image Processing) suite 

on Altera Cyclone III video development card with Bitec HSMC DVI input/output daughtercard to display  

a mixed video (non interlaced) on a DVI monitor. 

I want the CVO modes to display different output resolutions:1280x1024, 1024x768 and 800x600 

The default mode configured in the QSYS hardware is for 1024x768 resolution. 

The way I configure the modes is: set mode invalid, write registers, stop CVO, set mode valid, start CVO. 

When I run this and ask for the "Video Mode Matched" register I get "0" with a 1024x768 input and it displays the image. 

But after changing the input I get the different modes from "Video Mode Matched" but I don't get any image and the display enters into sleep mode. 

So, my questions are... 

Where can I find all those video parameters, in case i'm not adding them correctly? 

Are there any examples which uses different output modes? 

Is there another possible error in my design?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

You can see the examples here.  

http://www.bitec.ltd.uk/ciii_video_dev_kit.html 

Also in one of the documents there is a table about the timings. What values of horizontal porch vertical porch should be used for different resolutions of image.  

Those timings values have worked fine for my design.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

I went through the examples but I couldn't find any example of run-time configuration for the CVO. The timing table is useful, but now I'm confused with the different Pclk MHz frequencies. I'm using a constant frequency of 100MHz for the CVO, how should I interpret these values then? 

Thank you
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

See this I share it with you. It is the timing from one of the docments

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

This is the one I found in one of the examples. And it has different values. 

dl.dropbox.com/u/16438728/bitecVGAtiming.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Anyway, I've used different parameters but the problem is I get no output at all, my display enters sleep mode whenever I change the system video input. The CVO status bit is always 0 after writing the GO bit. 

I also have a mixer with a TPG and a frame read from memory so I change the TPG resolution to the new one every time it changes after checking if the CVI is stable and has a valid resolution.
0 Kudos