FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

a problem of CVI

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello! 

I have a video system. The video stream(PAL) is decoded by ADV7403 and decoded to be BT656. Then the video stream(BT656) enters FPGA by CVI. In FPGA ,I have a simple process----CVI(YCbCr 4:2:2)->Color Plane Sequencer->Chroma Resample->Color Space Converter->Deinterlacer->Frame Buffer->CVO(720*576). At last, TFP410 encode the stream to be DVI output. But the output is lost frame, that is, the video is glitches. I have another system----Test Pattern Generator(YCbCr 4:2:2 interlace) ->Color Plane Sequencer->Chroma Resample->Color Space Converter->Deinterlacer->Frame Buffer->CVO(720*576), and encode DVI output and output is perfect. So ,I guess the problem is CVI. Maybe CVI can't recognize my CVI. I don't know what I should do. And I wish I can deal with this problem from this. Thank you!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

The problem could easily be the CVI... You need to set the parameters to match the format of the video. I suggest you check the "video lock" status, detected video size and fifo underflow bits. This will help you determine what's going wrong.