FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5946 Discussions

evaluate IP over a restart when only a sof file is allowed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

:huh:How can i evaluate pci core through a reboot (pci enumeration) while in tethered or untetherd mode? evaluation wont let me create a pof file so the device is wiped out by the rstn that accompanies restart... hmmm, how to evaluate without being allowed to reboot....???

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

does a reboot really require reconfiguration when using PCI? the same is not true when using PCIe

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Normally, the RSTN signal toggles in the pc when re-started. I shared nconfig with rstn to save pins. bad move. originally, I had my own home grown pci core in, but reliability probs on various flavors of pc/bios. evaluating altera core as replacement. Think I can get around this by temp reassigning rstn to another pin ( a debug input selector) and holding it at vcc thru the re-start. pci can re-enumerate w/o triggering a re-load from flash.