FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

learning Jesd multilink from AN803

dsun01
New Contributor III

Dear Intel Support, 

It's me come back to AN803 again. I am following AN-803 | 2020.02.06. PDF to learning Jesd multilink.  the hyperlink to the example in the PDF doesn't work. 

"Synchronized ADC-Arria 10 Multi-link Implementation Design Example Files"

I searched AN803 on Intel website find the package. I download from the link

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design-example/714466/arria-10-an803-implementing-synchronized-adc-multi-link-design-with-jesd204b-rx-ip-core.html?wapkw=an803

the package was create for quartus 17.1.0. and I am using 21.3. 

I notice that the AN803 PDF document description not accurate for example.  I quote page 8 of the document here.

=======================

1. Open the top-level system, altera_jesd204_ed_qsys_RX.qsys, in Platform
Designer.
a. The RX .qsys file is located at ed_sim/testbench/models/ folder.
b. To open the .qsys file in Platform Designer, you must have an associated
Intel Quartus Prime project. Copy the altera_jesd204_ed_RX.qpf and
altera_jesd204_ed_RX.qsf files from the ed_synth folder into ed_sim/
testbench/models folder.

=============================

there is no  ed_synth folder in the extracted project from QAR file.  could it be for the 21.3 revision problem? but even the project may not work for Quartus 21.3, the directory should exist in the project, right?

can anyone confirm that I must use 17.1.0 to run this application example? I started downloading Quartus 17.1.0. it is a 10 Gigbyte download. 

is it possible the description need some correction or modification? it is really painful for the user to keep all the previous revision of the quartus. it need a lot of disk space. 

Appreciate your help, 

David 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

>there is no ed_synth folder in the extracted project from QAR file. could it be for the 21.3 revision problem? but even

>the project may not work for Quartus 21.3, the directory should exist in the project, right?

Based on the Intel Arria 10 JESD204B design example user guide, we have confirm that the content of ed_synth folder is currently place on the project directory. (1 path higher). This is not a revision problem.

You may refer to the attached picture for file content comparison:

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

>there is no ed_synth folder in the extracted project from QAR file. could it be for the 21.3 revision problem? but even

>the project may not work for Quartus 21.3, the directory should exist in the project, right?

Based on the Intel Arria 10 JESD204B design example user guide, we have confirm that the content of ed_synth folder is currently place on the project directory. (1 path higher). This is not a revision problem.

You may refer to the attached picture for file content comparison:

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

Below is the attached picture for file content comparison:

Jesd204b path folderJesd204b path folder

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZulsyafiqH_Intel

0 Kudos