FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5748 Discussions

question about pcie and ddr2 in nios ii

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I connect pcie x4 and ddr2 control modual to nios.but when the generation finished, I found that there are so many port . the pcie x4 port what I needed just the : refclk,serdes in[3:0],serdes out[3:0].but there are other port like : gxb_powerdown_pcie,pipe_mode_pcie,rxdatak_ext_pcie,rxelecidle_pcie,and so on.Is that means that I must write some moduals to reset the pcie core or control and monitor it's working status .Is that true?Is there example code about the pcie of nios ii,thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

hi, if i understand you right, you want to know how to connect the top entety ports of pcie and ddr-sdram. Maybe the attached file can help you. With these connections i successfully made a pcie design. 

Good luck. 

herby
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

thank you so much

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

hey there !! 

do u also have pictures of ur sopc system, i´m wondering how to connect nios cpu, pci express and ddr2? 

thanks for help !!