FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5741 Discussions

triple speed Ethernet,the mac not output when tx is enable

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

i am using tse to connect with 88e1111, working at 1000M mode, rgmii. now i can receive frame from pc,but when i send frame to the avalon interface, the core output ports rgmii_out and tx_control is always 0. i have rd the mac_configure register 0x02,the collision signal is always deasserted. i also read register 0x1A, aFramesTransmittedOK, which indicate the number of frames that transmit successfully, it changes when i send frames. 

i also enable the loopback of the mac, it works correctly. i can receive the data exactly the data that i send. 

so what will affect the tx function of the mac? why the tx_control signal is always deasserted? 

any advice is appreciated. i have been confused with this problem for days.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello josh_zhou, 

I'm having a similar problem on an Arria V starter kit. Did you ever find a solution to the problem? I've been posting here on the forums, but I have yet to get any useful responses.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

You can try to add phase shift to the tx clock. I fixed this problem by this method.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Thanks for the tip. How did you determine what phase shift to use?