FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

5M80ZE64I5N I/O

Snir123
Beginner

Hi all,

I am currently working on a design involving the CPLD 5M80ZE64I5N. In the datasheet, I observe a wide range of I/O voltages that seem to depend on the type of technology (LVTTL, LVCMOS, etc.).

1. How is the technology defined? Which parameters determine the I/O minimum and maximum voltages?

Additionally, I plan to connect a USB-Blaster to the CPLD for programming purposes. One of the pins on the USB-Blaster is labeled VCCTRGT. This voltage, supplied by me to the USB-Blaster, can vary over a wide range (0-5.5V).

1. How can I determine the exact voltage for the target? Where in the datasheet can I find this information?

Thanks ahead.

https://datasheet.ciiva.com/1412/mv51003-1412740.pdf?src-supplier=Digikey

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I think for Question 1, the technology defined by the I/O supply voltage (VCCIO) and the associate input and output voltage levels which is VIH, VIL, VOH and VOL. Each I/O standards is designed to be compatible with certain voltage levels and electrical characteristics to ensure proper communication between devices. For example, 3.3V LVCMOS have the maximum 4.0V for the logic high input voltage and minimum 1.7V to be recognized as input high. Else, for the input low, they need 0.8V for the maximum and -0.5V as minimum voltage level to be recognized as input low. This I/O standards must be supply with minimum 3.0V and maximum 3.6V to be able behave correctly.

For Question 2, I seem not found the VCCTRGT pin that you mentioned. Can you help to clarify back on this? I give you the pin connection guidelines for Max V device from below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/content-details/654129/max-v-device-family-pin-connection-guidelines.html?wapkw=max%20v%20pin%20connection&DocID=654129

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
Snir123
Beginner

For Question 2 :  

I found an updated datasheet of the USB Blaster, there you can find the recommended VCC(TRGT) -

Snir123_0-1717076321500.png

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos