What is the AMP solution for Intel boards like De1-SoC Board? Is there any application note guiding which approach a programmer should adopt? Xilinx uses the OpenAMP project as the default AMP solution. Does Intel offer any support for it?
I can see that you have some enquiry on DE1-SOC board.
This is a valid question but unfortunately you post it on the wrong forum as this Intel FPGA forum is designed to handle enquiry related to dev kit board developed by Intel only.
You can check with Terasic on consultation with their board usage via Terasic technical support email : email@example.com
Thanks for your reply. My query is not specific to this board only. I just gave an example. It's valid for CYCLONE V SOC DEVELOPMENT KIT as well. Can you please answer it in regards to Intel Boards. I am working on multiple boards from Intel and Xilinx currently.
Thanks for the clarification.
May I know what's AMP ? Does it mean "Asymmetric Multiprocessing" which is what I google out.
Let me explain.
- Intel is offering certain design solution but Intel also leverage 3rd party vendor like Terasic to help provide certain IP or design solution to customer.
- Application note or reference design may comes from Intel or 3rd party design partner
Take DE1-SOC board for example.
- Terasic may developed certain application note or reference design solution to help promote their board but this is not within Intel control or support. That's why I recommend you to checkout with Terasic
If you refer to AMP solution from Cyclone V SOC, then I managed to found out below 2 links. Hopefully they are helpful to you
If you still need more help or clarification on AMP solution support then I will route this forum thread to Intel FPGA embedded support agent so that they can better assist you.
Let me know.
I noticed you also filed another forum thread asking about similar AMP solution enquiry support.
- Porting OpenAMP from Xilinx Board(Zynq-7000) to Intel Board(Cyclone Dev board).
My suggestion as below.
- We can close this case where you can consolidate and ask any follow up question in the other forum thread (based on the resource link that I shared to you earlier)
- I will notify Intel embedded support team to pick up your case in the other forum thread
I can help you out if you have hardware enquiry on the dev kit board itself but AMP solution is beyond my support experty. Sorry about that.
Thanks for your understanding.
I am closing this case as per my earlier suggestion.
I believed you have filed different forum thread where Intel embedded support agent has attended to your enquiry.