FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Board Test System doesn't execute Arria 10 GX Dev Kit

KCMurphy
New Contributor II

Trying to get into a Mouser-supplied Intel Arria 10 GX Development board.  I have the built-in USB blaster hooked up and the driver seems happy.  The board is able to find the network and display its little browser. 

No known issues.  Win 10 Pro 2021H2, Quartus Pro 21.2.

Yet when I try to fire up the BoardTestSystem.exe app as described in the user guide, I get NOTHING.  No error, nothing.  Task Manger sees nothing.   Doesn't matter what half of the flash the board is set to.

I know this is probably a cockpit error and there is something I don't see, but what?

(I know it says "new user" but I've been dealing with Alteras since the early Max days.  Which makes this doubly frustrating)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If you go to your quartus installation folder under nios2eds folder you will observed

nios2_command_shell.sh" for Linux and "Nios II Command Shell.bat" for windows.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you launch the GUI from "Nios II command shell"? If yes, could you provide me the screenshot of the issue as I suspect that there is some error when you execute the GUI.

0 Kudos
KCMurphy
New Contributor II

OK.  I have never had the need to deal with NIOS before.  Obviously I have a learning curve here.   I don't even see Nios Command Shell in 21.2

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If you go to your quartus installation folder under nios2eds folder you will observed

nios2_command_shell.sh" for Linux and "Nios II Command Shell.bat" for windows.

KCMurphy
New Contributor II

Thank you.  I would never have guessed (and the 135-page manual never mentions) that I'd have to install a Linux package to make this work.  A bit of a rabbit hole, too.  But thank you for telling me where to start.

0 Kudos
KCMurphy
New Contributor II

Thanks.  Got there in the end.

0 Kudos