FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5151 Discussions

Configuring serial connection for windows (10) - Page Fault in non-paged area

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm starting to work with the Arrow SoCKit board. 

I'm following the getting started guide of rocketboards.org to boot linux from a SD Card image but I'm having a problem with the serial connection in windows 10. 

When I connect the board to the laptop using the USB-UART port and power up the board, after a few seconds, a blue screen appears with the message "Page Fault in non-paged area" and the system restarts. 

To try to solve the problem, first, I installed manually the driver of the device (FT232R USB UART IC) but the problem persisted. Then, I tried by changing the configuration of the system's virtual memory according to this site: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2084584/page-fault-paged-area-bsod.html, but the problem wasn't solved.  

Does anyone know how to fix this?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I could solve the problem.. it seems like the USB-UART port of the SoCKit only works with USB 2.0 ports and I was trying to connect it to a USB 3.0 port.