FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

DE0-Nano NIOSII fails to compile due to license issues using free web version

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In working through the demonstration applications, specifically the NIOS II processor (my first NIOS II processor), it seems as if I can not successfully compile the system. 

This is on a NE0-Nano demo board I just purchased using the free version of the Quartus II version 13.0 web version. 

There are no compilation errors except the following: 

Error (204012): Can't generate netlist output files because the file "D:/altera/Projects/Third/db/ip/DE0_NANO_QSYS/submodules/DE0_NANO_QSYS_cpu.v" is an OpenCore Plus time-limited file 

Error (204009): Can't generate netlist output files because the license for encrypted file "D:/altera/Projects/Third/db/ip/DE0_NANO_QSYS/submodules/DE0_NANO_QSYS_cpu.v" is not available 

Error (204012): Can't generate netlist output files because the file "D:/altera/Projects/Third/db/ip/DE0_NANO_QSYS/submodules/DE0_NANO_QSYS_cpu.v" is an OpenCore Plus time-limited file 

Error (204009): Can't generate netlist output files because the license for encrypted file "D:/altera/Projects/Third/db/ip/DE0_NANO_QSYS/submodules/DE0_NANO_QSYS_cpu.v" is not available 

Error: Quartus II 32-bit EDA Netlist Writer was unsuccessful. 6 errors, 0 warnings 

Error (293001): Quartus II Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 8 errors, 45 warnings 

I have attempted to build this using the 32 bit as well as the 64 bit version. 

I know the latest version of the Quartus II software is 14, but the version 13 came with the development kit. 

I am able to successful compile and download and run and debug other application I wrote and the other demonstration simpler systems. 

I was wondering if this is an issue that only a full licensed version can compile the NIOS II IP that comes with the kit ?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Resolved by myself. Evidently there is an option in the EDA Tool settings that you need to turn off in the Simulation to set to "None" so the compiler doesn't attempt to get to the source code. 

After changing this I get no errors. 

Nothing to do with licensing, unless you need to simulate and get into the actual IP.
0 Kudos