FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5979 Discussions

DE10-nano failed to boot from sd card

lake_lagunita
Beginner

I just bought a new DE10-nano and I am trying to boot it following the manual. 

However, it fails to boot from sd card: when I plugged the power to board, the power LED shows blue, and the 8 LED on the right side is on with a low light; however, it fails to boot from sd card.  I checked that the switch follows "01010".

But when I turned the switch to AS mode(turn the switch to "01001"), it can start correctly, cause I can see the 8LED begins flash periodically and when connect to HDMI, a de10-nano board picture shows on monitor.

I appreciate if anyone help solve this issue. Thanks !

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Did you check the SD Card image was flashed correctly?

Are you using the resource from the link below:

https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=167&No=1046&PartNo=4#contents

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
lake_lagunita
Beginner

Yes. I've burned the image to SD card and now it works fine. What I am curious is that, I bought a completely new board and why the SD card is not correctly burned? 

0 Kudos
lake_lagunita
Beginner

Hi, I 've just got another issue: 

2024.05.16_23.09.37.jpg

now that I could finish #2, Booting the board, I am goning to test #3, Interacting with the board. I found the START.HTML from intel github: intel/de10-nano-drivers (github.com)  and the instruction is as follows:

lake_lagunita_0-1715872446147.png

However, after connecting the board with my laptop and update RNDIS, my laptop showed :

lake_lagunita_1-1715873159434.png

although the RNDIS icon has no yellow triangle:   lake_lagunita_2-1715873254144.png,  I could not visit 192.168.7.1 shown in step 6 in START.HTML.

I am new to this board and I don't know if this step is necessary or if I can just skip it. 

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

That step is really not so necessary, it is enabling the Ethernet over USB.

If you are able to get the linux console from the uart terminal that should be sufficient. (Section 5.1 in the link below)

https://www.terasic.com.tw/attachment/archive/1046/Getting_Started_Guide.pdf

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Do you have any other follow up question o this case?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since this thread been resolve, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome to reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 4 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos