FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5155 Discussions

Debug server failing with "The script file ( device_browser.py ) failed during execution: See the error log for more information."

SDabh1
Beginner

Hello All,

I have question regarding debug server on eclipse.

I am trying to run simple "Hello World" for ARM compiler bare-metal. For this I am following the guide "https://people.ece.cornell.edu/land/courses/ece5760/DE1_SOC/ug_soc_eds.pdf"

This pdf has a section for "Getting Started with ARM Compiler Bare-Metal Project Management"

Everything is going well but when I am trying to run debug configuration(debug_server) it fails with errror "The script file ( device_browser.py ) failed during execution: See the error log for more information." It is not able to find the JTAG connection (USB Blaster II). If I run the

"./jtagconfig" command I am able to find the JTAG.

I have attached screenshot.

I would be really grateful if anyone can help me with this error.

Thank you.

jtag_debug.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Is this error pops up after you did the following?:

• Select target to be Altera > Cyclone V SoC (Dual Core) > Bare Metal Debug > Debug Cortex-A9_0 and Target Connection to be USB-Blaster. 
  • Click the Connection > Browse Button to select the connection to the target board. 

Possible solution: Before running eclipse, you must set the system variables QUARTUS_ROOTDIR and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Let me know if you need more help.

Regards.