FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5932 Discussions

Distinguish if a FPGA image was loaded from flash or directly to the FPGA via JTAG

Joda
Novice

Hi fellows,

is there a way to distinguish, if a FPGA image was loaded from the external flash or it was downloaded via JTAG?

I would like to implement the differentiation in my FPGA logic.

So if the image gets loaded from the flash something different shall be done compared when the image is loaded via JTAG.

Thanks in advance and best Regards,

Joda

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can distinguish them by checking the MSEL status on the board.

Regards,

Aiman

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III
May be possible in remote system upgrade configuration. It has a status register that shows the most recent reboot cause.
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can distinguish them by checking the MSEL status on the board.

Regards,

Aiman

Joda
Novice

Thank you both!

@FvM indeed the RSU provides such a register to distinguish. However, as far as I looked into it, it seems that it only allows to distinguish between the factory and application image. I have to double check the register, when loading an image including the RSU directly via JTAG to the FPGA.

@NurAiman_M_Intel Thank you, this looks promising.

Best Regards,

Joda

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos