FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

EPM7128STI100(MAX7000S): The POF file data contents are converted to jtag's SDR

YL2
Beginner

Correspondence between the data content of the POF file and the SDR of the svf file

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi YL2,

I'm not very clear to your question. What do you mean by "Correspondence between the data content of the POF file and the SDR of the svf file"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
YL2
Beginner

I am using jtag to program EPM7128S (not JAM Player)

I converted the pof file into an SVF file. Svf file describes the chip burning process and jtag instructions

捕获.PNGpof.PNG

RUNTEST 53 TCK;

SDR 320 TDI (FFE40D7F5AFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD7FDFF7F5FD7FDF947FAFFFDFFFBFFD7FFF0001EC7E7EC7E40B4A56);

SIR 10 TDI (01A);

RUNTEST 53 TCK;

SDR 320 TDI (FFBEEF7F5F96BF7D4A5A97FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD7BFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF);

The data sent by the SDR 320 TDI is the pof data content.

I know how the data in the first half of the pof file is converted to SDR 320 TDI.

But I don't know how to convert the second half.

I also don't know how to verify chip.

The screenshot of the second half is as follows:

SVF_2.PNGpof_2.PNG

My question: EPM7128S programming process

1. How to convert pof data into SDR 320 in svf file

2. How to verify the chip after programming

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi YL2,

1.     You can use Quartus Programmer to convert .pof to .svf file (3.2.2 on page 34).

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_config.pdf#page=34

2.     You can use feature “Examine” in Quartus Programmer to read back your program data.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
YL2
Beginner

Hi WolfGang,

I know how to use the Quartus Programmer to convert a POF into an SVF file and verify chip.

However, I want to support this chip in my own programmer.

Converting to SVF files is just to understand the chip programming process.(The second half of the svf file programming and the "verify" part did not understand)

I want to know how to convert the contents of a POF file into the corresponding data of a JTAG instruction. That is how to write the POF file into the chip through JTAG and verify?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

HI YL2,

I'm apologize we did not support low level programming details.

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos