FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

FlexRAN - None FPGA found!

AleksaPanic
Beginner

Hi,

We are working on the FlexRAN system and according to the FlexRAN 5GNR Reference Solution 20.08 (Document #603577) we should be able to execute tests on TestMac, but we are getting the same error attempting to initialize FPGAs.

We are working on:

FlexRAN 20.08 running on Dell PowerEdge R740xd.
ICC: 19.0.3.206
DPDK: 19.11
5gnr_sub6, AVX512
No hardware accelerator card present

The error we are getting is:
PHYDI-START[from 0] PhyInstance: 0, Mode: 1, Count: 17, Period: 40, NumSlotPerSfn: 80
5GNR Timer Mode
gnb_io_fpga_init: nTimerMode[1] gGnbIoThreadStarted[0]
init_fpga: nFpgaProbe[1] nSecNum[1] nUENum[16] nTimeAdvance[7450] nEthPorts[462607] nPhaseCompFlag[0]
[0]: nDlArfcn[2079427] nUlArfcn[2079427]
probe FPGAs
init fpga fec CfgInfo failed
Error opening the dev node file 1

None FPGA found!

Please note that phycfg_timer.xml has SW mode set:
<dpdkBasebandFecMode>0</dpdkBasebandFecMode>

Is there some other configuration required to allow us to skip this FPGA initialization?

If this is not the right place for this question, can you please move it to some other subforum?

Regards,

Aleksandar
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

AleksaPanic, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiry, just to let you know, in order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello AleksaPanic, I just received an update on this matter.

For this specific matter, in order to gather the information that you are looking for please get in contact directly with any of our Intel® Authorized Distributors and request for a Field Application Engineer (FAE) for further technical assistance on this subject:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
munster-shug
Novice

Hi Aleksander,

Did you ever resolve this issue?   We are considering whether or not we actually need an accelerator card since we are running FlexRAN with very low numbers of users (<10)

Alan

0 Kudos
thorax58
Beginner

Would also like to know if there was a resolution to this.  Or hints to troubleshoot?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

for FelxRAN v20.08 Release, if you r using  "<dpdkBasebandFecMode>0</dpdkBasebandFecMode>" in Phycfg_Radio.xml, that means you will use DPDK software FEC module to execute your test, instead if using Hardware FEC Accelerator Card.  

0 Kudos