FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

How do I connect DE1-SoC board to the internet via an Ethernet cable?

GApts
Beginner

Hey,

I set up Linux on the HPS of DE1-SoC board and I am not able to connect it to the internet. I looked through the guide about this specific task and it looks cryptic and not very clear to me. Can anyone tell me, in plain English, how the procedure goes after connecting the board to the router?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. The failure description you provided is too general to understand the actual failure behavior at your site. Can you give me a little background/elaborate on your setup proses and step? Any error messages? Have you boot the board? Could you provide link/attachment to document that you refer to
0 Kudos
fpganoob
Beginner

Can you provide any help?  I'm having issues connecting the board to the internet as well. I have the de1-soc board and a windows machine connected to a network switch. From a windows machine I can ping the gateway, but I can not ping the gateway from the de1-soc board. I edited the /etc/network/interfaces file without any success. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
fpganoob
Beginner

Hi.  Did you by any chance figure this out?  I'm having issues connecting the board to the internet as well.  I have the de1-soc board and a windows machine connected to a network switch.  From a windows machine I can ping the gateway, but I can not ping the gateway from the de1-soc board.  I edited the /etc/network/interfaces file without any success.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!!

0 Kudos