FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4959 Discussions

How to successfully compile U-Boot?

DKell13
Beginner

I have been following this project guide in an effort to complete a custom SoC-FPGA build for my DE10 Nano booting the FPGA and embedded linux from an SD card.

https://people.ece.cornell.edu/land/courses/ece5760/DE1_SOC/SoC-FPGA%20Design%20Guide_EPFL.pdf

I am on step 13.2.1.15 where I attempt to compile my U-boot file and get this error:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHK   include/config/uboot.release

CHK   include/generated/version_autogenerated.h

CHK   include/generated/timestamp_autogenerated.h

UPD   include/generated/timestamp_autogenerated.h

CC   lib/asm-offsets.s

lib/asm-offsets.c:1:0: error: bad value (generic-armv7-a) for -mtune= switch

// SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0+

make[1]: *** [Kbuild:44: lib/asm-offsets.s] Error 1

make: *** [Makefile:1655: prepare0] Error 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of note is the possibility that I didn't complete

-synthesis of my build correctly, since after running the sdram .tcl, it did not successfully compile, but did prior to so I ran with that .sof

-had to upgrade my Gcc to 6.5

-my socfpga_cyclone5_socdk.h file did not contain a macro of "CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND" as described in step 13.2.1.12 or a macro "CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS" as described in step 13.2.1.14... Nevertheless, I did save the substitute preprocessor directives found in those steps.

-I may have gone wrong so many other places

-this error says armv7 but the de10 nano has an A9?

0 Kudos
0 Replies