Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matif
Novice

Inconsistent Data on UART output terminal from Sockit Cyclone V SoC board

With reference to my case (case no. 04274941) (https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004OYyjkSAD/inconsistent-data-of-transceiver), I am having inconsistent data onto my UART output terminal (PUTTY on Windows 10 host machine). I have checked my design using Quartus 2 Signal tab logic analyser and my HDL results are perfectly fine. My Transceiver is running on 62.5MHz clock while I am running Linux on my cyclone V SoC board and I think that the Linux application that I wrote to read data is running much slower. Is there any way to see the consistent transceiver data. You can see whole progress of my work and discussion here (https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004OYyjkSAD/inconsistent-data-of-transceiver)

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Hi,

May I know what is the Linux application that you wrote to read the data or did you get it from an example somewhere?

Regards.

matif
Novice

Hi, thank you so much for your answer. I wrote my Linux application in C language. It is attached herewith. I am accessing UART Output terminal using PUTTY on Windows 10 with baud rate 57600. Here are Details of my Linux operating System that I am using on my cyclone V board Linux : Poky 8.0 (Yokto Project 1.3 Reference Distro) Kernel Version: 3.7.0 Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi,

I did not find the attached file, can you re-sent them again?

Thanks.

matif
Novice

Hi @EberL_Intel​ 

Sorry for late reply. I was ill during the whole week that is why couldn't reply you. Can you send me your email address so that I can send you the files. The c code I have attached herewith

#include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdint.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <sys/mman.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include "C:\altera\15.1\embedded\ip\altera\hps\altera_hps\hwlib\include\hwlib.h" #include "C:\altera\15.1\embedded\ip\altera\hps\altera_hps\hwlib\include\soc_cv_av\socal\socal.h" #include "C:\altera\15.1\embedded\ip\altera\hps\altera_hps\hwlib\include\soc_cv_av\socal\hps.h" #include "C:\altera\15.1\embedded\ip\altera\hps\altera_hps\hwlib\include\soc_cv_av\socal\alt_gpio.h" #include "D:\masterarbeit3\XCVRPUTTYSIM\hps_0.h"   #define REG_BASE 0xFF200000 /*LWFPGA SLAVE Address*/ #define REG_SPAN 0x00200000   volatile unsigned int *reg_addr; /*this is the pointer that reads from the register*/ void* virtual_base; /*pointer to open device memory file*/   int main () { int fd = EXIT_FAILURE;   fd=open("/dev/mem",(O_RDWR|O_SYNC)); if (fd < 0) { perror("open"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } printf("fd is ok\n");   virtual_base=mmap(NULL,REG_SPAN,(PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE),MAP_SHARED,fd,REG_BASE); printf("virtual base pointer to open device memory file is ok\n");   reg_addr = (unsigned int *) (virtual_base+NEW_COMPONENT_0_BASE); /*accessing base address of register*/ while(1) { printf("pointer value is %d\n", *reg_addr); } return 0; }

Hi,

I would like to know if you still facing the inconsistent issue?

matif
Novice

Hi

Thank you so much for your follow up. Everything is fine now. You can close this case.