i wanna Communicate Logic <-> Nios using Avalon MM Pipeline slave..
is there any Examples?
Nios(Qsys, Avalon MM Pipeline Slave) <-> Logic
Hi Jongyun ,
I'm Eliath and I'll help you with this, I just have a few questions:
does your design have a component on Qsys? or it is only code?
Is VHDL or Verilog the language you are using for the logic?
Which Quartus version are you using?
In my design, NIOS is my master.
Quartus 17.1 // Qsys(Platform Designer)
1.3 Avalon -MM-Pipelined-Slave (conduit to Logic)
* Address, Wr_n/Rd_n / ReadData / WriteData / WaitReq / ReadVaild
i wanna communicate with Vhdl/Verilog Logic .
Nios <-> Logic
Main Clock : 50Mhz (Logic, Nios)
Befored i using without pipelined Options (* ReadVaild, WaitReq)
--- Without Using (* ReadVaild, WaitReq)
if RD_n = '0' -- Nios wanna Read Data
case Address(15 downto 0) is
when x"0000" => ReadData <= x"00000000";
when others => ReadData <= x"ffffffff";
ReadData <= (others => 'z');
i'm not sure what is mean "Maximum pending read Transactions"
* IF i Set Maximum Pending Read Transactions = 2 then,
* 1.1 At Slave sides, Read 2 Addr1, Addr2 (When Rising Clock) (Refer Below Timing Diagram)
* 1.2 After Read 2 Times Slave Asset WaitReq to High
* 1.3 Wait a Clock Delay (Sync to Where? need to make Another Clock?)
* IF i Set Maximum Pending Read Transactions = 4 then,
* 2.1 At Slave sides, Read 4 [Addr1, Addr2, Addr3 ,Addr4] When Rising Clock
* 2.2 After Read 4 Times Slave Asset WaitReq to High
* 2.3 Wait a Clock Delay (Sync to Where? need to make Another Clock?)
Page #. 29
it is not needed to implement one more clock due to the following:
I'd like to share an example design for Avalon Memory-Mapped Slave
in the link, after table one you will find two useful links.
Please let me know how useful the information was to solve the issue.