FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Is it possible to get the MAX10 project files for the Cyclone 10 GX Developement Kit. There are two MAX10 installed on the board but only for one there are the project files included in the package.

SBoec
Beginner

Hello,

I'm specifically intrested in how the power up and power down sequencing of the Cyclone 10 is handled by the MAX 10. I'm aware that there are Guides for Power sequencing but I'm very familiar with the Cyclone 10 GX Dev Kit now and it would be very nice to have an example working for this board. Since there is so much Information included with the Kit like Schematic and even PCB files, I thought it might not be too much of a secret whats within the second MAX10 which handels Power sequencing and USB Blaster.

Kind Regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

The other MAX device on the board is part of the on board USB-Blaster circuit. You won't get the source files for that. However, that device has no control over the power sequencing on the board.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
SBoec
Beginner

U2.PNGHello Alex,

thanks for your reply. I'm really confused now because I thought signals like EN_GROUP1-EN_GROUP4(see picture) are related to power sequencing. So which part does control the power sequencing on the board?

Best Regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

That is the MAX device that forms part of the USB-Blaster.

Section U2D of that part, page 29 entitled UBII (USB-Blaster II), is the I/O that connects to the Cypress USB device that forms the USB-Blaster interface. You won't get project files for this device.

The power up requirements of the Cyclone 10 family is very well documented in the user guides. Stick to the rail order in there and you'll be fine.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos