FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5939 Discussions

License for Quartus Pro software

jamesjjc
Novice

Hi,

I just got a Stratix 10 GX FPGA Development Kit from a student in another lab of my school. It's my first time to utilize the kit. I need a license for Quartus Prime Pro to support it.

But now the previous owner, who might have the license, just graduated earlier from my school this year. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to contact him or not. Could somebody tell me how to get the license? I can provide the serial number of this product if needed. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. Could you provide details for checking?

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

dev kit serial number:

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
jamesjjc
Novice

Hi,

I just sent you private message, please check your inbox. Thank you.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Licenses are annual subscriptions and, for fixed licenses, tied to a MAC address.  I don't think you'd be able to use the previous board owner's license unless you transferred it.

0 Kudos
jamesjjc
Novice

Hi,

So should I ask the previous user to follow the instructions (the following link) to transfer the license?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/21-4/transferring-a-license-file-to-another.html

thanks

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

That would work.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos