Hello, I have a question to consult, I purchased a batch of EPM240T100C5N, ALTERA brand, batch 1807U +, 2160PCS, this batch of goods has been malfunctioning, 706PCS sometimes work, sometimes do not work, for other batches will not occur this situation. What is the problem, please? Can you submit a breakdown sample to your company for analysis?
Thank you for contacting Intel Community. Please be noted that Intel FPGA requires details information for failure analysis request. Please help to answer questions below in order for us to better understand your position.
1. Please provide full device details.
1.1. Device name:
1.2. Full part number:
1.3. Date code:
1.4. Lot number:
1.5. Trace code:
1.6. Distributor name:
2. What is the failure rate? What is the failure rate vs. tested sample? Example: 2 out of 100 units.
3. What is the failure symptom? Please elaborate the failure symptom in detail.
4. When did the failure happen? How did you discover the failure?
5. How did you determine the failure? Please elaborate the procedures.
6. Does the failure unit ever working before failure?
7. Did they violate solder re-flow temperature profiles, moisture sensitivity? Please provide the re-flow temperature profiles.
8. Did you swap the failure device to a known good board? Is the failure following the device or board?
9. May I know if this request comes from your side or end customer side? If the request is from end customer, please provide the end customer name.
10. Is this a prototype build or volume/mass production?
11. Kindly provide quantitative investigation result that could proof the failure is Intel FPGA induced.
Hi Miss Zhuang,
Thanks for your replies. However based on your description, "
After working for some time, some of EPM240T100C5N's IO work is not normal, so that the camera can't get out of the picture" is too general to let us understand the actual failure behavior at your site. Board get passed after replacing the FPGA doesn’t lead us to conclude that it is due to the FPGA failure, as this failure could be due to board design margin or external factors during part replacement. Therefore, we would need customer to verify the suspected failure device on known good board. We also like to know what kind of the failure symptom exists at your site.
Hi Miss Zhuang,
When you said the power enable pin logic to the camera is incorrect when the CPLD goes wrong, would you possible to take a signal scope on the particular power behavior? Please have the signal scope on those power pins of good vs failure devices. We would like to have more information for a better understanding on your issue.