FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Programming .JIC Trouble

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have read and followed the directions out the user manual for the DE0-nano for programming the EPCS64 spansion memory and generated the .jic file fine from my .sof file. The problem lies when I try to program the file via the programmer window it reaches 0% and fails when just the .jic file is selected. I can program the .sof file just fine on the device, but cannot see why the .jic file fails. I have tried erasing the device as well and that fails right away also. Any suggestions will be very helpful. Is there a log file I can view or something?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think I also might have been trying to load my compiled design file .sof and the .jic file at the same time so the factory default enhanced SFL image was never loading. I deleted the .sof file from the programmer window and just loaded the .jic file and I got it working. My mistake.